4.12.2009

31 weeks!


On Good Friday I had an appointment with one of my midwives, Lisa. We've seen her one other time, she is not our favorite. She is not as calm and soothing as Cat, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I go into labor on Cat's shift! They did the normal weight, blood pressure and measurements of my belly. Lisa realized that I hadn't grown at all since my last appointment three weeks ago. Brian and I were certain that I had gained weight, I feel and look much bigger! Well that sent Lisa into a tizzy-she told us that we needed to go downstairs to get a growth ultrasound to make sure that Julia was still making progress. Of course Brian and I were sent into a tailspin of worries. We had to wait nearly 4 hours to see Dr.McKenna and get the ultrasound. Unfortunately we didn't get lots of cute views of our little panda bear. They were busy measuring bones and listening to the blood flow of the umbilical cord. The Dr. told us what we all have been guessing this whole pregnancy-that I can expect a small baby! Everything looked great and Julia is growing well. She is estimated to be 2 pounds and 12 ounces, only in the 20th percentile for growth. She said not to worry unless she drops below the 10th percentile-whatever that means! (all this math confuses me) We were relieved but a bit annoyed that we went through so much worrying and waiting-such is life I suppose.


Today I am 31 weeks pregnant, 62 days to go.


P.S- I don't know why this entire post got hyper-linked...












3 comments:

jennifer said...

Wow. I'm so sorry you had such a scare. SO glad that everything is OK!

Lauren said...

Glad Julia looks good. You need to pose more sideways. It is hard to see your belly in your pics! :)

Mamapierce said...

I love your tummy. Preggo tummies are so cute!