3.02.2009

Nursery


















Brian and I have finally started on Julia's room! (Thanks Mom and Dad!) Her room is painted a light green color, with white trim and crown molding, and the original wood flooring. I really want her room to be soothing and peaceful. I think that we will all enjoy spending time in there.

The first picture is of a bedding set that I really like. It is made from organic cotton and is called "Bunny Meadow".  I know that it isn't very practical. Babies can't really use blankets while they sleep and the doctors recommend not using those super cute bumper pads due to increased SIDS risk, but it is so precious. I added it on my registry at babies r' us-one can dream!

The second picture is of the crib that we ordered yesterday. It has a drop side rail, which I think will make it easier for me to get her in and out of her bed. It also converts into a super cute toddler bed. The front piece comes off and it is much like a miniature day bed. 

The third picture is off the glider and ottoman that we got for Christmas from Mom and Dad. I was really surprised when we opened this gift. I really wanted a comfy chair to rock and nurse Julia in. This is by far the most comfy seat in the house. The fabric is a micro-suede that is so soft and cozy. Brian and I might end up fighting over rocking her at night! 

I bought white sheer curtains that Brian gets to hang for me-he is thrilled about this! haha He thinks curtains are only good for collecting dust.  He will also be getting the closet organization system into place soon. I'm so jealous of her closet, it is twice the size of mine-and I have to share with Brian.  The only other main thing that we need is a dresser. We might end up moving ours to her room and getting a new one for us. Ours would fit perfectly in her room and it is long enough that we could put a changing station on top of it. We've been scouring craigslist adds for the last few days, I'm sure if we don't find anything there that we will find something at the good ol' Trenton Yard Sales. If you have an old dresser or chest of drawers laying around, let me know!

I am 25 weeks and 2 days pregnant, 103 days until we meet our little panda bear :)



5 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Love the nursery. Love it!

Unknown said...

Hey, I saw this and thought of you.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/bab/1057295440.html

Lisa

Anonymous said...

That all looks great!

jennifer said...

What a beautiful nursery it will be! Can't wait to see pictures of it all finished!

Lauren said...

I love all of your nursery plans!
Are you still doing the tree mural? The colors will look great together.