I will start off by saying one thing, we will not be having a baby in 2011. It seems a bit strange, as Julia was born on June 9, 2009 and then David came on June 29, 2010. Brian and I really feel like our family is complete. We have two happy and healthy babies and we are so excited to see how they grow and change in this new year.
But would you believe as the ball dropped signaling the start of 2011, I sat on my couch and cried. Watching the ball drop on our computer (no TVs in this house-more on that later) and all of the people celebrating brought on a rush of emotions. I am not pregnant this year and there will be no new baby to welcome this summer. I got it all out of my system on January 1, 2011. And then that was it. Bring on 2011!
Getting back to the point of this post...Goals for 2011. With no sleepy newborns to watch and keep me inside all day I am hoping that this summer will bring new adventures for our family. Here are some of my 2011 goals.
1. Read 25 books.
2. Make more of our food from scratch and ditch as many processed snack foods as possible.
3. Decorate our bedroom, new furniture and all!
4. Learn how to preserve food.
5. Be more active in the planning, planting and harvesting of our garden.
6. Plan and go on a date with my husband at least 6 times this year. (sans kids!)
7. Learn how to use our camera and take photos.
8. Line dry our clothes whenever weather permits. ( I didn't do too well with this last year)
9. Come up with a solution for organizing our recyclables.
10. Take a girlfriends trip. (Lauren, are you reading this?!)
So, there it is. What are your goals for 2011?